Music Production as a side hustle and How to start after Learning from Home by Watching YouTube.
Music production can be an excellent side hustle, especially if you have a passion for creating music and a desire to learn and improve your skills.
Music production can be defined as the creative and technical process of recording, editing, arranging, and mixing music to create a finished audio product. It involves working with various elements such as instrumentation, vocals, sound effects, and electronic sound manipulation to produce a professional and polished final product.
In music production, producers play a crucial role in guiding and shaping the overall sound and direction of a song or album. They work closely with artists, songwriters, and engineers to bring their musical vision to life.
A music producer may be involved in tasks such as selecting and arranging songs, coaching vocal performances, suggesting musical arrangements, and overseeing the recording process.
The advancements in technology today, have made music production as a side hustle more fun and also accessible than ever before. With the right equipment and software, aspiring producers can create high-quality music from the comfort of their own homes. Digital audio workstations (DAWs) like Ableton Live, Logic Pro, FL Studio, or Pro Tools are popular software used for music production.
These tools will provide a wide range of features you need for your side hustle, including recording, editing, MIDI sequencing, virtual instruments, effects, and mixing capabilities.
Here are some steps to start your music side hustle as a producer after learning from home by watching YouTube videos:
- Build a Foundation: Continue learning and expanding your knowledge by watching tutorials, online courses, and resources beyond YouTube. Familiarize yourself with different music production software and tools such as digital audio workstations (DAWs) like Ableton Live, Logic Pro, or FL Studio.
- Acquire the Right Equipment: Invest in a good quality audio interface, studio headphones, and a microphone to ensure clear and professional recordings. Additionally, consider getting MIDI controllers or instruments that align with your music production goals.
- Create a Home Studio Setup: Dedicate a space in your home for your music production activities. Set up your equipment, soundproof the room if possible, and ensure good acoustic conditions.
- Practice and Experiment: Apply what you’ve learned from the YouTube tutorials and start experimenting with different techniques and styles. Practice regularly to refine your skills and develop your unique sound.
- Collaborate with Others: Seek opportunities to collaborate with other musicians, producers, or vocalists. This can help you expand your network, gain new perspectives, and create more diverse and interesting music.
- Create an Online Presence: Establish an online presence by creating social media accounts and platforms where you can showcase your music and engage with your audience. Share your work on platforms like SoundCloud, YouTube, or Bandcamp.
- Seek Feedback and Learn: Share your music with others, such as friends, family, or online communities, and ask for constructive feedback. Use this feedback to improve your skills and grow as a music producer.
- Explore Opportunities: Look for local events, competitions, or online platforms where you can showcase your talent and potentially earn money or recognition for your work. Consider offering your services as a producer for artists, aspiring musicians, or content creators.
- Continuous Learning: Music production is a constantly evolving field, so keep up with the latest trends, techniques, and technologies. Attend workshops, webinars, and seminars, and engage with the music production community to stay updated and inspired.
Remember, patience, perseverance, and a commitment to constant learning are key to succeeding in the music production industry. As you progress by taking music as a side hustle, consider investing in more advanced courses, equipment, and mentorship to further refine your skills and take your side hustle to the next level.